Problems regarding materials and defects in industrial structures can cause permanent damage, unforeseen downtime, dangerous accidents and higher maintenance costs.
Our service is intended to manage the reliability and integrity of the equipment. In particular, our practical and timely solutions can help:
- Determine whether the equipment, such as pressure vessels, tanks or piping, are safe and suited for continuous operation;
- Assess the reliability of the resources in a given time period, such as until the next scheduled downtime for example;
- Assess the residual lifetime of the equipment so as to set future intervals between inspections;
- Perform the verifications required by law.
The service includes on-site technical assistance that envisages the following:
- Microstructural surveys and selection of materials by means of the specific examination with metallographic replicas and sclerometer hardness tests;
- Failure analysis and instrumental testing (NDT) for the presence and the tolerability of real defects located in working components under operating conditions;
- Corrosion analysis and assessment of structural degradation and of the welded joints of components;
Many damage mechanisms are possible: reduced thickness due to overall corrosion, localised corrosion (pitting), stress-corrosion cracking, wet H2S cracking, creep, corrosion under insulation (CUI), hydrogen damage, etc..